Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Oh, the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments

Oh, the gnashing of teeth and rending of garments that is taking place on the floors of software companies across Silicon Valley this morning! (Except maybe at Peter Thiel's office.)

Barrons reported that donations to Hillary from employees at so-called millennial firms (the Barrons Next 50 index) outpaced donations to The Donald from those same firms by a factor of 50-1. How can all these advanced thinkers possibly continue to live in a country that elected The Donald?!?

I work with two people, D and T, both very intelligent software engineers. T is one of those very skilled high-tech workers who have immigrated legally from China.

D says to T: "After last night's election, I think I am going to have to move to China."

I comment: "T is probably thinking: Be my guest."

T, who struggles sometimes with English, simply smiles and nods her head in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment