Saturday, December 1, 2018

My partner has come out, too, as a femme homosexual transgender man

In my previous blog post, I described that I have come out as the butch lesbian transgender woman that I am. When I finally worked up the courage to inform my partner, Nancy, of this, she said that she, too, had some news for me.

Because she has a vagina, the sex that was assigned to her at birth, against her consent, was female. But, over the years she has come to realize that she self-identifies her gender as male, that she is a homosexual male, preferring sex with other men, that she likes to dress and wear her hair in an effeminate way (as many other drag queens do), and that she prefers the pronouns "she/hers/her." In sum, she, too, is not a heterosexual female, but a femme homosexual transgender man.

What a relief for both of us, after all these years, to be able to truly acknowledge our inner selves to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment