Thursday, November 21, 2013

My company's health care premiums are going up due to Obamacare

I recently received the following email from the HR manager of the software company I work for:

    [Our company] strives to offer a competitive benefits package in the context of continuous healthcare cost inflation. This year, due to a significant increase in claims and new fees associated with the Affordable Care Act, we are facing substantial rate increases. ... We therefore encourage you to consider switching over to the Anthem Health Savings Account (HSA) plan ... High deductible plans are the best way to control costs while offering competitive benefits at the same time. [emphasis added]

Higher premiums? My company urging me to go on a plan with a high deductible? Thank you, Obamacare.

No comments:

Post a Comment